The World Vexillology Day on 1 October and the 15th Croatian Heraldic and Vexillological Assocation (HGZD) Anniversary (2006 – 2021) were marked during the 6th Congress of Croatian Historians in Rijeka between 29 November and 2 october 2021 with the overall topic “Culture”, during the section “Auxilary History Sciences and Source research Practices”. The section moderators were bili Prof. Mirjana Matijević Sokol and Assoc. Prof. Tomislav Galović. The lectures given were:
- Željko Heimer: “The International Activities of the Croatian Heraldic and Vexillological Assocation 2006-2021”
- Marko Radeljić: “HeralD – the Research Potential and Advantages of Stone Heraldic Heritage Digitisation”
- Jasminka Ćus Rukonić: “Maritime Occupations in Coats of Arms and Emblems at the Islands of Cres and Lošinj”
- Tomislav Galović: “„Croatian Herladry Lexicon“ in the „Grb i zastava“ bulletin: tasks and challenges”
- Željko Heimer: “Flags of Rijeka – Two Centuries of Controversies”
The 6th Congress of Croatian Historians was organized by the Croatian National Committee for History Sciences, the Association for Croatian Historiography and the University of Rijeka, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences – History Department in cooperation with the Institute for History and Social Sciences of the Croatian Academy of Sciences and Arts in rijeka and it Regional Unit in Pula, the Maritime and History Museum of Croatian Litoral in Rijeka, State Archives in Rijeka, History Soicety of Rijeka and the History Society of the Island of Krk, under the high auspices of the president of the Republic of Croatian, Mr. Zoran Milanović.